Country Specific SIM Card For Bahamas
This Prepaid SIM For Bahamas Offers:
- A Bahamas local cellular phone number.
- Up to 133 domestic minutes (off-peak).
- No yearly contract, monthly charges, daily minimum charges, minimum-minutes-per-call charges or credit checks.
Do You Have An Unlocked GSM Phone?
- This SIM allows you to add more call credits as needed by purchasing easily-obtainable recharge voucher cards in various denominations.
To use this service you will need an unlocked phone with the correct band, the 1900 Mhz frequency is used in the Bahamas. If you purchased your GSM phone from a carrier, it may be SIM-locked, so only SIM's from that specific carrier can be used in your phone.
When you purchase our SIM you will have a chance to purchase a Siemens Triband World phone with a color screen for only $119, a special promotional rate only available to customers that purchase this SIM. If you're not sure if your current phone will work with this SIM card, please either call us at 1-800-872-7626 or consider purchasing this Siemens global cell phone to use with your SIM card.
All rates are stated in Bahamas Dollars (BSD) per minute. 1 Bahamian Dollar always equals 1 US dollar.
|All Other calls||$0.33||$0.15|
Western Europe, United States and
Western Europe, United States and
* There are two other calling plans, a basic rate plan and a premium rate plan, but they require an extra monthly payment. The rate plan we offer is best for most short-time visitors.
Activating Your Service:
- Put the Bahamas SIM card into your cell phone's SIM card slot.
- With the SIM card is in your phone, you will be able to access the phone menus, but you will not be able to make or receive calls with it until you are in the Bahamas.
- Change your cell phone GSM band to the 1900 Mhz frequency
- Then you may start calling
Make And Receive Calls:
The Bahamas are part of the North American Numbering Plan. In order for people to call your Bahamas cell phone number from the US and Canada, they dial as if they are dialing a number in another area code. They would dial 1-242 plus the 7-digit phone number.
To call back to the US, dial 1 + the desired area code and phone number. Keep this in mind when programming phone numbers into your phone's address book, and tell anyone that needs to call you from the USA that they can simply dial 1+ the area code and number to reach you.
To call the UK or another non-North American address, you would dial 011 followed by the country code and the number. (Just as if you were calling from the US!)
When dialing from any landlines to any Bahamas cell numbers, simply put one (1) before the seven digits of the cell number you would like to dial. When dialing from any Bahamas cell number to any landline within the Bahamas, simply dial all seven digits of the number you are trying to reach.
When dialing to toll free numbers, one should dial 1-888-toll free number.
You may check your remaining credit as often as you like, free of charge. Enter *33 on your cell phone. Press talk or send.
Adding Talk Time:
Recharge cards are available in 3 denominations: $5, $10 and $20.
To apply your credit:
1. Dial *44 Send on your cell phone to reach the interactive voice response (IVR) 2. Press 1 to check your balance 3. Press 2 to add time 4. Enter the 12-digit PIN on your card when prompted.
Please note that there is a $2 monthly fee that will be subtracted from your credit in order to have voicemail as well as a $10 activation fee. You will need to call customer service in order to have them set up your voicemail. The number to dial, once you are in the Bahamas, is 302-7845.
You must reload your prepaid Bahamas SIM card at least once every 60 days or your credit will expire. After the expiration period, you have another 90 days in order to add talk time. If the time is not added within 90 days after your credit expires you will lose your phone number and it will not be possible to reactivate your SIM
For more information on this exciting new product, please call us at 1-800-872-7626